From:
Jack Newman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 May 1997 17:23:50 -0500
Anything which replaces breastmilk cannot be advertised directly to the
public.  That's the gist of the WHO Code.  As WHO and UNICEF define the
breastfeeding period as "to two years and beyond, toddler formulas
obviously replace breastmilk and cannot be advertised directly to the
public.

This product is completely useless, costly and not proven safe.  But
that won't stop some physicians from recommending it.  Formulas for
children 1-3 years have been around in Europe for years now.  Last
summer I read in a French magazine and question-answer type article
about nutrition with a French pediatrician. The question was something
like "After a year, I can give my baby homogenized milk?"  The answer
was "no, a special formula specially made for 1-3 year olds should be
used."

I wonder where he gets his research funding.  Three guesses.

Jack Newman, MD, FRCPC