Date:
Mon, 3 Sep 2007 11:40:38 EDT
This sounds like reflux to me.  To add, some children do well with  zantac
and breastfeeding, and it reduces reflux episodes.  I would agree  with Cathy
that this mom is probably in denial that something is wrong, but that  is often
the first stage of grief about an issue.  I often point out  how important it
is to KNOW about what the issues are with your children to  better deal with
them.

This is a great example that I will try to keep brief.  My son  had on again
off again ear infections for the first ten months of his  life.  What ended it
was ME finally accepting that he REALLY had a problem  and going to a
pediatric ENT.  A TIGHT sinus area was found in  his left cheek by CAT scan.  The doc
decided to deal with it by  placing tubes in his ears.  It worked.  My son
was illness free from  then on, still breastfed, but finally living the life he
deserved.  I had a  lot of my earthy friends who disagreed with my decision,
but I never  regretted it.  He was so much healthier afterward, and although
both  tubes fell out in one year, he was fine after that too.  I know that the
ped ENT was very accurate in his assessment because practically anytime my
son,  now 15, gets sick, which is rare, it usually starts in the LEFT  cheek.

Knowing that he has this issue has made a very big difference in my  life and
that of my son's.  Knowledge is power and ignorance is not bliss  when it
comes to our children's health.  Our mommas need to know  that.

Debbie Albert, RN, Ph.D., LMHC, IBCLC, RLC
Advanced Lactation  Care, Inc.
Tampa, FL