From:
Anna Swisher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 May 1997 17:00:37 -0700
Dear Lactnetters,

I am no mail right now, so please forgive any redundancy if this has
already been posted. Some of you may remember the 'Feed Me, I'm Yours'
article in Christian Parenting Today two months ago. In this month's
issue, Cindy Sparks, IBCLC wrote an excellent letter refuting the
article.  I was disappointed to read the editor's note: "When it comes to
feeding babies, we've found that dieticians, pediatricians, and lactation
consultants ascribe to a variety of viewpoints. While the author, Meg
Meeker, MD, a pediatrician in private practice and a mother of four, may
not hold the final word, we stand by her nutritional recommendations. We
do apologize for the typographical error that appeared on page 68. The
copy should have read: "most pediatricians recommend avoiding foods most
likely to cause allergic reactions...until your baby is 12 (not 2) months
old."

For anyone wanting to educate this editor, here is the contact info:

CPT, 4050 Lee Vance View, Colorado Springs, CO 80918-7102
Fax: 719-535-0172
E-mail: [log in to unmask]

TIA,

Anna Swisher