From:
Janet Dombro <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 10 Sep 2011 21:13:28 -0700
Re the high -need baby and the stressed-out mom:
One book I suspect you already have covered is The Fussy Baby by Dr. Sears...
Also the work of Mary Sheedy Kurcinka is really good. As are
The Out of Sync Child works by Carol Stock Kranowitz.  There are many attachment
parenting groups in many locals, and La Leche league groups should be really
helpful as a place for a mom to get support for how difficult it is to have a
child with a personality that is giving you trouble and coping skills, or at
least a shoulder to cry on and reassurance it won't last forever. From what I
hear some leaders and LCs are better at this than others, but isn't that true
for everything.
Janet Dombro IBCLC LLLL