From:
CATHY BASTIAN <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Mar 1999 21:57:38 -0500
I am very delayed on this response but I had a mom who had twins in Jan.
They were slow to take the breast so she started to pump and got a
blackish-green milk.  We ( the ped., other LC and myself) figured that
we never would have known if she hadn't been pumping so we didn't worry
about it.  Had another mom last year who pumped what looked like blood
(really rusty milk!).  It was fed to the baby without incident.  Both
moms had creamy white milk in a very short time....
Cathy Bastian, RD,IBCLC