From:
"Heidi A. Bingham" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Dec 1999 08:39:33 -0500
> http://www.medicinenet.com/Script/Main/art.asp?li=MNI&d=1612&cu=16583&w=0&ArticleKey=299

Love this:

"Of course, breast milk would appear to be the most ideal food for your
newborn."
<snip>
"But it is very important not to feel guilty if your heart tells you that
formula feedings are best for your family."

EXCUSE ME????  Breast milk *appears* to be the most ideal food?  But notice in
the sentence about choosing formula, it's not what's best for the *baby*, but
the *family* because obviously we cannot justify formula being best for* baby*,
so we have to widen the circle to find some "mushy" reason to opt for ABM.
Yuck!  And how can it possibly be best for family considering the expense of ABM
and extra Dr. visits?  But I'm preaching to the choir, huh?

"Also, remember that the majority of infants that breastfeed end up on a
combination of breast and bottle feedings before their first birthday."

The Lemming argurment.  If one goes over the cliff, they all do!

Blah, blah!  Can't stand it!

By the way, they sell ABM, bottles, etc.  I found Enfamil formula and Playtex
nursers (am I the only one offended by that term for their bottles?) in their
store.

Blessings ~ Heidi