From:
"Julie S. Brill" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Sep 1995 09:00:26 -0400
Hi Kim,

If I could get to Vancouver I would give you a big hug! You are making a real
difference in the lives of families.

Last night I took my childbirth class on their hospital tour, which includes
the nursery. In my classes I talk about staying with the baby during nursery
procedures, delaying the first bath, rooming in, etc. Well last nigth my
whole class watched one baby crying while the two nurses were busy with
another baby, who was having her pku drawn (and not very happy about it).
When the nurses were done they left that baby crying too. One of my moms
said now I see why you encourage us to stay with our babies and everyone
else agreed. She had tears in her eyes. Maybe if we can't administrate the
nurseries out of existance, we can just put them out of business if
parents all do rooming in?!

I wish I could come work at Kim's hospital!
Julie Brill