From:
Denise Stuart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 27 Jun 1999 10:41:17 -0400
I am sorry about the blank post a couple of days ago.  My daughter accidently hit the reply key.
I have a mom who is due in August that has been dealing with kidney stones and gall bladder stones for much of this pregnancy.  She has been hospitalized twice and is now on MS Cotin 130mg in AM, 100mg at mid day and 130mg at night along with Dilaudid prn (not sure which dosage she takes).  We are very concerned about this baby having withdrawl symptoms (mom, too).  I can't find much about the "Cotin" part of this drug to know how much the baby is actually getting and if this acts much like other pain meds in regard to mom taking up much of the drug because her body is in so much pain and baby not getting as much.  I have gone over what symptoms we will be looking for, how she will manage her milk supply if the baby does have problems breastfeeding and the possibility of the baby being withdrawn by giving withdrawing doses of Morphine even after discharge as well as them both going thru withdrawal together by the decreasing doses in her breastmilk.  Does anyone know more about this drug and what to expect?
TIA
Denise Stuart
Kent,WA