From:
MARIE BIANCUZZO <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Sep 1995 11:16:36 -0400
I'm glad you found this line helpful; over the years it has served me
well. Asking, "Are going to breastfeed" doesn't really work, because if
the woman says "no" you are at a dead end. This helps to get through
some of the "myths" that she may be carrying around in her head.

I have discussed this interviewing technique at a greater length in a
recent publication, and anyone who is interested in this and related
issues is welcome to contact me by private email and I'll give you the
citation. I also do a presentation around this concept, and it is
designed to help the nurse, LC or interviewer to really hone their
interviewing skills.

--
Marie Biancuzzo, RN MS                      Perinatal Nurse Consultant
PO Box 1562                                        Phone: 703-758-0092