From:
Rachel Myr <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 Feb 2001 10:54:35 +0100
Elizabeth Pantley described a case and asked for input.

May I suggest a two week or one month truce, while the parents discuss how
they are going to deal with this?  The baby (I would say child, actually) is
surely picking up on the distress and the tension between them and it can't
be helping.  The discussions can happen after child is asleep, when they
have the whole evening available.

First, define the problem, and figure out who owns it.
Next, plan a strategy and think how to apply it.
The most important part of the strategy will be knowing when it will be
evaluated and altered along the way, and what the bottom line is.  Since
mother and father seem to have different bottom lines today, this will be a
challenge!

good luck
Rachel Myr
Kristiansand