From:
Kathleen Bruce <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 May 1995 15:33:34 -0400
Hi.  I agree that it is possible and sometimes likely that yeast is
overdiagnosed.  However, there are also many other conditions (such as the
impetigo described).. that can cause pain in the breasts, and  that is why I
have such good luck with referring to the dermatologist.

I do find that yeast is prevalent here, at least painful breasts that
respond to antifungals is VERY common here. I have not actually cultured yeast.

Kathleen

Kathleen B. Bruce RN, BSN, IBCLC (email = [log in to unmask])
"O, where hath our intelligence been drunk? "   W. Shakespeare