Date:
Mon, 20 Mar 2000 07:44:21 EST
Anne says,

<< No Jan, we are not tub bathing babies in the nursery. We are tub bathing in
 the mother's room and trying to CLOSE the nursery!!!! We did several
 'experimental' baths. The walls did not fall down.  >>

Oh dear Anne, I shouldn't be reading this heresy this early in the morning.
I might have a heart attack.  To think there is someplace in the U S of A
that allows babies in the tub.  Whether it is in the nursery or in the
mothers room.  I bet you don't prohibit mothers from taking a tub bath too
when they get home, do you,  because the dirty water in the bath might go up
the vagina and cause an infection of the uterus???

OK Lactnetters (this is to the US folks only -- I know the Aussies & the
Europeans are already enlightened).  How many of you know for sure that your
hospital facility not only ALLOWS (whew, what a word) mothers to tub bathe
their babies before the cord detaches, but gives babies tub baths in the --
gulp -- HOSPITAL?

Anne, I certainly hope you are doing a double blind, case controlled study so
this won't be anecdotal.  We wouldn't want to do anything that isn't research
based.

Jan -- cynical at this early time of day.