Date:
Wed, 28 Apr 1999 15:02:07 +0100
>Has anyone heard that the AAP Committee on Nutrition is considering changing
>their recommendation that BF babies should be supplemented with iron since
>15% of BF babies develop iron deficiency anemia?

This - 15 per cent of bf babies w/iron deficency - came up last week on
Lactnet - see my reply. How old were the babies, was my main question.
This is crucial.....here young babies are never tested for iron anyway. Why
on earth would they go short if they are growing well, esp. on breast milk
which has the perfect amount?

Heather Welford Neil
NCT bfc Newcastle upon Tyne UK