Date:
Fri, 6 Nov 2015 17:04:53 +0000
Helping a mom who is highly educated.  There are breastfeeding issues to be conquered - or she wouldn't be seeing me.  But here is my vent:  This is a single mom, by choice, with no family support.  She has tried to hire "baby nurses" or "nannies" to help her so she can get a nap here and there.  What they've done is to heap loads of guilt on her.  Wanting to sell her "lactation cookies" or "lactation smoothies" "because your milk isn't rich enough."  Telling her routines - baby should play 1.5 hours.  Be swaddled all day and night.  Eat in 15 minutes.  Use a bottle and forget the breastfeeding, etc. etc.  Mom is anxious, sets an alarm at night to get the baby up, feeds 2.5 oz after breastfeeding because the baby didn't take all her milk!    It's a crazy world out there.   I feel so sorry for the poor mommies.  When all their friends are telling them, it's no big deal too, it's surprising when anyone breastfeeds longer than a week!