From:
Shari Silady <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Dec 2002 19:00:49 -0800
Dear wise Ladies, I am a hospital based Lactation consultant.  Last week I
was called by one of our surgeons asking for the policy on doing a biopsy
on a lactating breast.  He wanted to know if a lump is found what is the
plan of care.  Up until now he has had the mother wean in order for him to
perform a biopsy.  He called us wanting to know if this was necessary.  He
would like professional references.
Lactation services are new to this hospital and we were impress that he
asked for our impute on this subject. We would like to get back to him
ASAP.  Please e-mail me privately and post on Lactnet as well. thank you
shari silady, LLLL, APL, IBCLC