From:
Chris Hafner-Eaton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Mar 2000 11:42:19 -0800
Re: Premature Weaning--My lay bf support dh has said many times when other
people have asked why our kids have nursed "so long" (btw, that means 3
years, 3 years with some tandem with third baby, and #3 is still going
strong at 22 months), that "my wife refuses to accept anything as weaning
under 18 months.  Before that it's a nursing strike and after that the baby
doesn want to seem to quit until 3."  Now,
this may conjure up visions of me shoving a breast in a kid's mouth, but I
assure you that is not the case.  This is also the many who says that bf is
the lazy man's way of feeding baby (with tongue in cheek).  He promotes the
father's job as feeding the mother, so she can feed baby.  I've had many
years of his cooking now.
--
Chris Hafner-Eaton, PhD, MPH, CHES, IBCLC  [log in to unmask]   541-753-7340;
mom/wife/educator/lactation consultant/ scientist/ researcher/ organic