From:
Tamara LaTorre <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Apr 1996 14:14:35 -0700
I have been lurking and learning for the past several weeks and finally
would like to introduce myself. My name is Tammi LaTorre, I'm the mom of 4,
a LLL member and am interested in becoming a Leader. My long term goal is to
become IBLCE certified LC. I am self-studying and am working with my LC
towards these goals. I am also in the process of certification as a child
birth educator through ICEA. I would like to incorporate bfing in my
curriculum, offering support and encouragement through pregnancy and
postpartum counseling. For problems or situations beyond my experience I
will have an experienced LC to refer to. These are in the *rough*, mainly in
the mind stages of planning. If anyone has any suggestions, resources,
comments,  experience with somthing similar, etc., please e-mail me.

I bottlefed my first 3 kids, and am currently bfing my 4th. I have had quite
a few complications; major kidney surgery to reconstruct my ureter, renal
scan, ivp's. I made it through these experiences with the help of a
*wonderful and dedicated* LC. Her encouragement and support is the ONLY
reason, along with my determination, that I am still happily bfing my baby
(5 1/2 months old). I encountered many different opinions, contradictions,
and much misinformation through my medical treatments. Sometimes I didn't
know if I was coming or going between all I was told until I met Mary, my
LC. She was and is my inspiration.

To all of you, I want to say thanks, your concern and dedication is
apparent. Helping just one person at a time does make a difference. You have
my admiration and respect.

Tammi LaTorre