From:
Kerry Ose <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 Sep 2007 14:07:40 -0400
On Sun, 23 Sep 2007 11:59:53 -0400, Liz Cammin <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Do you have any recommendations for high-traffic blogs we can contact?
>There must be some that deal with parenting issues... but I don't know
>what they are.  :)
>
>Thanks,
>Liz Cammin, RN, LLLL

Hi, Liz -- I'm a big salon.com tipster, and their broadsheet blog has gone from trotting out
tired old pseudo-feminist arguments about breastfeed promotion being a guilt trip to, at
this point, advocating strongly for unfettered public breastfeeding, and time and space to
pump in the work place.  One of Salon's senior writers covered the recent Washington
Post article about formula industry interference with government messages about
breastfeeding, and her post couldn't have been any better if Diane Wiessinger had written
it (I know -- high praise!).

The New York Times covers all sorts of parenting issues on its website, and such articles
are among its most popular.  New York Times bloggers such as Judith Warner (her blog is
Domestic Disturbances) and the Freakanomics guys might respond well to encouragement
to write about breastfeeding, the formula industry, etc.

The guys who wrote the Washington Post article I refer to above expressed interest in
learning more about the Domperidone ban...

I've seen a lot of Huffington Post coverage of issues very near and dear to the lactivist
heart (Jay Gordon had a great entry there some time ago).

I would not choose websites that are too specialized and likely to be read only by other
mothers.  I would focus on sites such as those I list above, which have a wide audience,
full of people who are ripe for education about any number of the topics we discuss on
Lactnet.

Kerry Ose