From:
laurie wheeler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 15 Sep 2002 04:45:27 +0000
I have just read a bunch of digests so I am commenting maybe a bit late on
this thread. It sure has components of 'oversupply' and/or 'overactive mer'
w/ the distressed baby and bouts of mastitis in mom. It also could be true
reflux which can result in a very miserable baby who frequently feeds to
relieve his pain and this creates a vicious cycle and an oversupply.
However....the respiratory illnesses are very troubling. Aspiration could
lead to this, also the CF suggestion I think definitley bears looking into.
What about a small cleft or something like that was overlooked? Please, if
possible, let us know the outcome. How heroic of this mother and family to
persevere thru so much difficulty. I hope the baby is well soon.

Laurie Wheeler, IBCLC, MN, RN
New Orleans Louisiana, s.e. USA