From:
Barb Cole <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Jan 1996 15:44:29 -0600
From: coleb                Wed Jan 17, 1996 -- 02:21:00 PM
To: [log in to unmask]@
Lesley Robinson,

Thank you for causing this provocation.  I appreciate it because those were
my words you referenced.  And the comparison you made to conceiving and sex
is, funny enough, very appropriate.  I did go to a sperm bank to become
pregnant.  Not because I don't like sex, but because I was 33 without a
serious man in my life, a diabetic for 17 years, and desperately wanting to
have a baby.  Not that this is the business of anyone here on Lactnet!!!
But that is the point.  A woman who knows the facts and chooses to bottle
feed her baby with breastmilk has made HER PERSONAL CHOICE (not shouting,
just raising my voice a little).  Whether it is the same decision you would
make in the same situation is not relevant.  I did not pump and feed by
bottle, I breastfed.  But that also was my choice.  Educate, but don't put
your opinions on others.  It's not fair.
 But that doesn't matter either.  My son is much loved, and when he asked me
for the first time two weeks ago where his daddy was, he glowed when I told
him I had not found someone to marry and I really wanted to have a baby, so I
had him.