From:
Pamela Morrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Apr 2008 23:17:43 +0100
Fiona - how about investigating for abscess?  Ten days is too long
for a lump in the breast to still be red and hard.  Sometimes pain
lessens as abscess forms and sometimes there is no fever.  I'd refer
to the physician for a scan to see what's causing these persistent symptoms.

Pamela Morrison IBCLC
-------------------------------
"I`ve had a blocked duct for 1.5 weeks - still red and hard.  Doing hot
compresses, massaging, expressing, pumping, hot showers, hot, very hot
baths, nursing upside-down (although he doesn`t like it) and I`m taking
the homeopathic Belladonna.  I`ve checked the resources I have and I
think I`m covering everything - can you think of anything I haven`t
tried.....going to pick up lecithin, but not sure if that helps remove
a blockage."

The only other thing we can think of is the ultrasound treatment but
we're not sure where to find it? Is it a Physiotherapist skill or what?

Any info appreciated,

Fiona Creina

LLLL Niagara, ON,
Canada