From:
Jodine Chase <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Jan 2005 12:14:49 -0700
On 1/27/05 10:30 AM, "Kirsten Berggren" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Lots of individual variation in this - my best friend weaned at 7 months,
> and had no cycle till the baby was 12 months old.

I'm certainly of another variety...I breastfed four on demand 24-7 - 1st
exclusive to two months (nightly cereal was added - it was 22 year ago) and
bf for one year, 2nd exclusive to four months, 3rd and 4th exclusive to six
months and both bf well beyond. My menses returned at about six weeks after
all four. I've had well-meaning people tell me that I clearly didn't
breastfeed exclusively *enough.* They've suggested perhaps I didn't
breastfeed at night (I did, as often as each baby wanted.) They've suggested
I used other devices for suckling comfort. I did for two, but not the other
two. They've just been skeptical in general, as if I must have been doing
something wrong...

I'll let y'all know if there's anything different to report after the birth
of number five, due in four weeks. ;-)

- Jodine Chase