From:
Dawn Kersula <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Dec 2013 10:23:35 -0500
Emilie, I'm cleaning out files on my computer and just came across a great
powerpoint by Marsha Walker  - Controversial Issues during the First 24
Hours. She has background studies on many of the questions you asked - so
I'd imagine the info is in her book on Breastfeeding Management for the
Clinician, and there's probably a good bit in the Core Curriculum as well.
(No, I don't get a finders fee from Marsha!)

Also, the Academy of Breastfeeding Medicine has protocols with backup
research here:

http://www.bfmed.org/Resources/Protocols.aspx

The hypoglycemia protocol may be useful as well as the supplementation
protocol.

Hope this helps!! It all comes a little at a time in the hospital -
breastfeeding really does work, and it is its own best advertisement when
it works!!

Dawn Kersula MA, RN, IBCLC, FACCE
Vermont USA