From:
Deborah S-Q <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Sep 2001 21:22:50 +0000
"Thus, while schedules are often promoted as giving the mother more time and
being more convenient for her, I think they often are not, because then she
is tied to the schedule."

I couldn't agree more.  My little ones always grabbed their sleep wherever
as I ran around with their older sibs. I had a friend who was tied to her
house as her little ones had to have their naps.

As to the overfeeding thread that is being discussed I have been reading the
posts and mulling it over.  I really have trouble believing that a
breastfeeding baby overfeeds - but I guess if a mom has a very big supply &
baby likes to nurse for comfort....On the other hand, if baby's tummy is
upset because so full would they agree to even go to the breast?  I have
always heard that you can't force a baby to breastfeed if they don't want
to.I certainly couldn't force my two colics to breastfeed when they were at
their colic time.
The baby in question - & sorry,  I no longer have original post - was he/she
happy at the breast or fussy at the breast? I understand the mother was
having difficulty with the frequency of feeds but sometimes it helps for a
mom to hear that it won't last forever, that it can be perfectly normal, and
so on.And if baby was soothed by the breast, then that is probably what
he/she needed. My second "lived" at the breast for months - it was hard, but
since my first had been a colic I kept telling myself it was easier than
walking around for hours.
Meltdown here at my house, children clamoring for supper, so I probably have
not made too much sense. Just my 2 cents worth of ramblings.
Deborah Sowery-Quinn
Canada