Date:
Thu, 1 Jul 1999 13:15:31 +0100
I don't really have a view on whether bf is totally instinctive or not
(though for sure, bottles are not! )...but this reminds me of a film called
The Blue Lagoon I saw on TV maybe 10 years ago.

There is a shipwreck and the only survivors are two youngsters aged about 7
I think, a boy and a girl (unrelated).

They end up on a beautiful island (with a lagoon) and grow up together. All
the changes of puberty happen, and the film tries to show a natural modesty
developing. Then guess what, the inevitable happens and the girl becomes
pregnant-  though she has no idea she is, and wonders why she is getting so
big. The baby is born, and they are astonished and delighted...and even
more astonished and delighted  when the baby cries, and manages to grasp
the breast  despite his mummy's cluelessness, and becomes silent as he
feeds contentedly.

I remember the film as being quite sweet and engaging. I hope I am right,
and it's not now regarded as soft porn : (

Heather Welford Neil
NCT bfc Newcastle upon Tyne UK