From:
Connie Wild <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Sep 2007 16:12:24 -0400
On mixing breast milk and formula, 22years ago when I went back to work as a
L&D nurse I did not have the knowledge I do now or a decent pump. I would
express what I could and would also have to give the sitter formula. When I
went to the sitter's house for the first time. She said he refused to take
the bottles of formula so basically he went all day with no intake. I
immediately put him to breast and he nursed off and on all night. It
happened again the next day he refused the formula.So for the next day I
made up the bottles but gave her what breast milk I had and told her to add
a ounce to each bottle as she needed to use. Guess what he loved it. So for
me that worked.   Connie Wild

>From: Diana Cassar-Uhl <[log in to unmask]>
>To: [log in to unmask]
>Subject: Re: Mixing breast milk and formula
>Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2007 16:13:50 -0400
>

>Jane,
>
>I think one reason you might not be finding any information on this, at
>least in my experience, is that when a baby has to have mixed feeds, the
>parent/caregiver is encouraged to feed the breastmilk alone first, then the
>ABM from a separate vessel.  That way, the baby is sure to get all of the
>breastmilk, and if baby does not finish the feed, it's the ABM that's left
>over.
>
>I've actually never heard of mixing formula into breastmilk.  Is this
>something that's being done out there that I've just never encountered?
>Thanks for any information.
>
>--Diana

>To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]

Discover sweet stuff waiting for you at the Messenger Cafe.  Claim your
treat today!
http://www.cafemessenger.com/info/info_sweetstuff.html?ocid=TXT_TAGHM_SeptHMtagline2