From:
Alice Ernest <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Oct 1999 00:41:12 EDT
     Search of Archives turned up nothing.  My Hale is 1997 and says that
there are no pediatric concerns via milk, but no studies are available.  This
is the only drug that has worked so far (for depression) in a mother of a 3
wker who was hospitalized for the first week with pneumonia (she has been
pumping with a Lactina and baby just started nursing well).  She has also
developed a rash of unknown origin and is on cortisone (prednisone) and an
antihistamine, which have been discussed previously.  She was told to wean
immediately and is VERY uncomfortable with engorgement.  I suggested that she
pump and dump until we see if there is more information on the Effexor and
she can dialogue with her doctor.  She has some milk stored up from previous
pumping, but it is going fast.  Anyone have any current information on
Effexor?    TIA

     Alice Ernest IBCLC recently recertified at 5 yrs.
     Simpsonville, SC