From:
Marilyn Norton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Nov 1998 14:43:28 -0500
This morning when I arrived in the nursery, I noticed a sign above one of
the sinks. It read: Please don't pour formula down the drain. Naturally,
this aroused my curiousity. Apparently the nurses had noticed a terrible
odor coming from the sink, called maintenance, and it was discovered that
the formula was clogging the drains and emmitting this terrible odor!
Interesting, don't you think?
Someone then asked me if it would be okay to pour breastmilk down the
drain. I looked at her strangely and asked why would you pour out
breastmilk? I guess now we have to flush the formula, appropriate isn't it?
Marilyn Norton,
 Prince Edward Island, Canada