From:
Chris Hafner-Eaton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 May 1997 14:23:02 -0800
Okay, this may only be tangentially related, but allow me a bit of
wiggle-room...The Corvallis, Oregon NOW Newsletter printed the following
this month regarding "Take Our Daughters to Work Day."  "For as long as
this day has been around, anti-feminists--particularly in the so-called
Father's Rights movement--have complained that the project discriminates
against young men.  Of course, this is a classic tactic.  Every time a
program is developed to level the playing field for women, some men (who
are used to having the game rigged in their favor) scream foul.  But this
year, instead of arguing, we suggest that these guys take 'One small step
for man, one giant leap for womankind' and take their sons hom and teach
them how to clean toilets, scrub floors, launder clothes, and pick up after
themselves and other family members.  After all, fair is fair."

My only comment is that they should have added "nuturting" to their list. : )
p.s. Their newsletter email address is: [log in to unmask]

: )Chris Hafner-Eaton, PhD, MPH, CHES, IBCLC  email: [log in to unmask]   : )
: )HSR & Health Educational Consultant        voice/fax: 541 753 7340    : )
: )LLLLLLLLLLLLL**CHANGE THE WORLD, NURTURE A CHILD!**LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL : )