From:
Darillyn Starr <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 20 Nov 2004 07:57:15 -0700
I thought Jay's comment on the picture of "hands free" breastfeeding was
amusing.  Obviously, the picture did not get the point across that it was
intended for use when mom had to be away from her baby, and not in place of
breastfeeding the baby.  However, I thought his take on it was very
positive.  Jay says something about breastfeeding, every once in a while.
One time, he was asking a guest what her earliest memory was, and said that
his earliest memory was of being breastfed by his mother.  The guest was
obviously not comfortable with that, so he moved on to something else
immediately, but I was thrilled that he would mention that.  I have heard
him mention breastfeeding, always in a positive manner, several other times,
too.

If anyone sees anything related to breastfeeding that might fit into the
"Headlines" segment, please send them in.   It might be worth a positive
mention on national TV, which I think is significant, considering that one
could usually watch American television for days without ever seeing any
indication that breastfeeding ever even goes on in this country.

http://www.nbc.com/nbc/The_Tonight_Show_with_Jay_Leno/headlines/