From:
Allison Montag <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 Aug 2011 09:51:37 -0500
Thank you for the responses both on list and privately. It is so
helpful to have this list to turn to.

Rachel, I wrote the baby's age with weight incorrectly. Too many interruptions.

Day 1  8# 13 oz   (There was another weight after this but mother
doesn't not recall amount. MD did not express concern to mother.)
Day 6  8# 6 oz
Day 9  8# 9 oz
Day 14 8# 13oz

Saw mom yesterday (Day 14). Thankfully, baby started stooling on day
13 and it was so much that mom was a bit freaked out. It is now a
beautiful, golden yellow. It is still not as frequent as we want so we
will watch diapers closely.

Mom's milk supply appears to be low. Baby took in 1.4 oz over an hour.
I explained this is just a snapshot of what baby is taking in. The
frequency of feedings in the past 24 hours leads me to believe that it
is likely what baby is taking in regularly. This is a persistent
mother that is willing to let baby nurse as much as she needs to.

I was not aware that she is storing milk - has 8 bags in the freezer
already! Mom was very accepting of my concern and she was worried baby
wasn't stooling more as well. She is going to feed everything to baby
and not worry about getting a freezer stock for going back to work.

Mom has agreed to stay in close touch with me and we are meeting again
later this week.

Thank you for the input. It is wonderful to have this list as a resource.

Allison Laverty Montag IBCLC, RLC
Green Lake, WI USA
--
"Our doubts are traitors and make us lose the good we often might win,
by fearing to attempt."