From:
"Linda J. Smith" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Nov 1998 08:31:37 -0500
Hi All,

Regarding babies who are fussy and want to nurse very frequently in the late
afternoon and evening...

One of the most common "explanations" is low milk supply at that time. BUT
WAIT - The last time I heard Dr. Peter Hartmann speak at a conference, he
said that his research shows that milk volume is NOT low at that time of
day. He thinks there is another explanation for the phenomenon, which
apparently occurs worldwide.

Personally, I think babies "remember" mom being very active during her
pregnancy at those times, and want to be held, rocked, etc. nearly
constantly again. There is something about that time of day that makes ME
restless, too, even when I'm not particularly hungry.

Linda J. Smith, BSE, FACCE, IBCLC
Bright Future Lactation Resource Centre
Dayton, OH USA
http://www.bflrc.com