From:
Michelle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Jul 2003 13:08:14 -0400
Sorry to have contributed to the off topic veerage with my last post; I
should have known others would get to it before me!

Anyway, isn't there SOME kind of regulating body these kinds of blatant
health misinformation articles can be reported to? isn't there a single
"watchdog" who can really crack down on these? Should we report these things
to the Surgeon General's office? will they care? To lactnetters in Code
compliant countries: what would happen there? If a piece of obviously
corporate -influenced information that jeapordizes health came into print,
who do you report it to? what happens?

I find it so hard to believe (read: accept) that nothing can be done to
prevent and/or punish sources of misinformation such as this. to paraphrase
the wonderful Maureen Minchin, "what right do baby milk manufacturers have
to give parenting advice??"

Michelle DePesa