Date:
Thu, 21 Aug 2008 15:42:52 EDT
I'm the proud Grammie of a new grandbabygirl born yesterday in Naples FL --
a 37+ weeker, thanks to Tropical storm/Hurricane Fay.  For those of you who
may remember my tale of woe  from first grandbabyboy -- tongue tied, no  latch,
delivery from hell, and Jill had NO MILK, despite Reglan &  Domperidone,
faithful pumping and amazingly good breast development -- we  are over the first
two hurdles -- baby Laura has latched and breastfed well  several times.  And
no tongue tie!!  Next hurdle -- will there be  milk?  So far she's been unable
to express colostrum, but is it  technique?  Not sure.  I'm in Salt Lake City
doing a 5 day program and  won't get to her until next Tuesday.  Meanwhile I'm
grateful to the  lactation consultants at North Naples Community Hospital and
for their care for  her....

Jan Barger, RN,  MA, IBCLC, FILCA

_My  blog_ (http://www.motherofbridebyjan.blogspot.com/)
_Year of the  MC_ (http://www.marriedcouplebytorrey.blogspot.com/)