From:
Rowena Tucker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Jun 1999 09:06:36 -0700
Dear fellow Lact-nuts, I'm lurking again after a long (to me!) absence.
I'm watching with interest the thread on pre-op feeds, because I've had
this question myself and didn't have a good answer. Has anyone filed
their Breastfeeding Abstracts carefully enough to find the article
which reported stomach empting times of babies fed pumped milk by ng
tube? I remember the emptying times as about an hour-and-a-quarter.
These babies are in the hospital, either ill or premie (in other words,
under stress), so I would suppose emptying time for a term, healthy
baby could be faster. Anyone?
Rowena Tucker, College Station, TX
re-intro:
BS 1976, MA 1984, BS, PA 1986