From:
Valerie Mcclain <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Aug 1999 08:09:59 -0700
I just wanted to add to my past comments on this topic that I have never
seen any studies that relate mastitis to breast cancer.  It may be
difficult to reassure someone who has breast cancer in her family and
fears that it will get her.  My mother died of breast cancer when I was
14 years old.  Family members have said various strange things to me.
Like I was going to get breast cancer from breastfeeding!!!The feeling
from family is that they just know that I am next.  I get that from
various HCP that I have seen.  I don't think anyone knows or can
successfully predict who will and who will not get breast cancer.  I
don't know what is in store for me in that regard.  But I don't accept
their beliefs, their concept of my reality.  I already have lived longer
than my mother.  I hope this mother can find some peace in this issue.
Valerie W. McClain, IBCLC