From:
Kimberly Hill <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 Aug 2007 13:53:44 -0400
Thank you for both of your responses!  Good point about not feeling nauseous during labor
or sex (that's true for me, anyway).  However, on the other side of the coin, I don't
experience a MER during these times either.   With my first daughter I just accepted this
was the way things were and went on, this time around (given the breastfeeding education
I've had since then), I'm much more interested in discovering what's going on to cause this.
I've noticed that I only feel the first MER in a nursing session, but experience the wave of
nausea again later in the nursing, followed by my daughter taking big gulps again, so it
seems as though this happens with each "let down".  The nausea seems much worse if I'm
not nursing at the time, but I think that is just because I'm not as distracted, or maybe
because I'm not having the "warm fuzzies" of suckling my babe to offset the upset stomach.