From:
Chris Hafner-Eaton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Mar 2000 23:05:20 -0800
Thanks to those who quietly responded to my attachment disorder biblio
call...Partly because I received more inquiries than suggestions I have
decided to post some of my independent findings.  There were only six
wonderful web sites I located (I will email addresses if you wish).  Here is
a partial bibliography for attachment & RAD (reactive attachment
disorder/dysfunction).  I hope this helps some of you and doesn't stray too
far from LN's mission:

A Child's Journey Through Placement, Vera I. Fahlberg, M.D., Perspectives
Press, 1991
ISBN 0-944934-04-8  #
A Secure Base, John Bowlby, Basic books, 1998.
Adopting the Hurt Child: Hope for Families with Special-Needs Kids, Gregory
C. Keck, Ph.D. and Regina M. Kupecky, LSW, Pinon Press, 1995.  #
Adoption and the Family System:  Strategies for Treatment, Reitz and
Watson.  ISBN 0-684-8-0128-0
Adoption and the Sexually Abused Child, McNamara and McNamara.  ISBN
0939561-06-9
Adoption Crisis, Carole McKelvey & Dr. JoEllen Stevens, Fulcrum Publishing,
1994.
(The) Adoptive Family as a Healing Resource for Sexually Abused Children,
Minshare and Hooper,
ISBN 0-87868-360-7
Attachment, Trauma, and Healing:  Understanding and Treating Attachment
Disorder in  Children and Families, Terry M. Levy, and Michael Orlans, CWLA
Press, 1998.  #
Babies Remember Birth, David Chamberlain (Tarcher), St. Martins Press.  ISBN
0-87477-468-3
Becoming Attached, Robert Karen, ISBN 0446-516-34-1 (paperback)
Before It's Too Late, Stanton E. Samenow, Times Books, 1991.  ISBN
0-829-1646-8
Being Adopted, Brodzinsky and Schecter, ISBN 0385-41402-1 (paperback)
Beyond the Best Interest of the Child, Goldstein, Freud, and Solnit.  ISBN
0-02912360-7
Birth as an American Rite of Passage, Robbie E. Davis-Floyd, Univ. Calif.
Press.  ISBN 0-520-08431-4
Bonding, The Beginning of Parent-Infant Attachment, Klaus and Kennell.  ISBN
0-8016-2696-4
Building the Bonds of Attachment:  Awakening Love in Deeply Troubled
Children, Daniel A. Hughes, Ph.D., Jason Aronson Inc., 1998.
Children Who Shock and Surprise: A Guide to Attachment Disorders, Elizabeth
Randolph, RN, Ph.D., RFR Publications, 1994. #
Children Without a Conscience, New Age Journal, February 1993.
Conscienceless Acts, Societal Mayhem, Foster W. Cline, MD, The Love and
Logic Press, 1995. #
Change:  Growing up Again, Parenting Ourselves, Parenting Our Children
(Second Edition), Jean Illsley Clarke & Connie Dawson, Hazeldon.
Driven to Distraction, Hollowell and Ratey.  ISBN 0-684-8-0128-0
Facilitating Developmental Attachment - The Road to Emotional Recovery and
Behavioral Change in Foster and Adopted Childred, Daniel A. Hughes, Jason
Aronson, Inc. #
Family Bonds, Bartholet.  ISBN 0-395-51085-6
For Children Who Were Broken, Elia Wise, Berkley Books, New York, 1989.
Fostering Changes: Treating Attachment Disordered Foster Children, Richard
Delaney, Ph.D., Walter J. Corbett Publishing, 1991. #
Give Them Roots, Then Let Them Fly, The Attachment Center at Evergreen, Inc.
and Carole A. McKelvey, Morris Publishing, 1995.  #
Grandparenting with Love and Logic, Foster W. Cline, MD and Jim Fay, The
Love and Logic Press, Inc., 1994.   #
Growing Up Again: Parenting Ourselves, Parenting Our Children, Jean Illsley
Clarke and Connie Dawson, First Harper & Row Edition, 1989.  #
Helping Children Cope with Separation and Loss, Jewett-Jarrett.  ISBN
1-55832-051-2
High Risk: Children Without A Conscience, Dr. Ken Magid & Carole McKelvey,
Bantam Books, 1988.  #
Holding Time, Martha G. Welch, M.D., Simon and Schuster, 1988.  ISBN
0-661-688-78-2
Hope for High Risk & Rage Filled Children, Dr. Foster Cline, 1992.
Inside the Criminal Mind, Samenow.  ISBN 0-8129-1082-6
Interpersonal World of the Infant, Stern.  ISBN 0465-03403-9 (paperback)
(The) Invisible Road, Janelle Peterson, RN, 1994. #
Journey of the Adopted Self, Lifton.  ISBN 0-465-00811-9
Learning Disorders & School Problems, Dr. Foster Cline, 1979. #
(The) Long Journey Home, Richard J. Delaney & Terry McNerney, Journey Press,
1994.  #
Miracle Worker, William Gibson, Bantam Books/Perma, 1962.
(The) Mulberry Bird, Brodzinsly.  ISBN 0-9609504-5-1 (paperback)
(The) Open Adoption Experience, Melina and Roszia.  ISBN 0-06-096957-1
Parent Education Text, Dr. Foster Cline, 1982.  #
Parenting Children, Sharon D. Gary, M.S., Psychological Services of Memphis.
#
Parenting with Love & Logic, Dr. Foster Cline & Jim Fay, Navpress, 1990.  #
Parenting Teens with Love & Logic, Dr. Foster Cline & Jim Fay, Navpress,
1992.  #
Patterns of Attachment, Mary Ainsworth, Lawrence Erlbaum Assoc., 1978
Primal Connections, Elizabeth Noble.  ISBN 0-671-67851-5
(The) Primal Wound - Understanding the Adopted Child, Nancy Newton Verrier,
Gateway Press, Inc., 1994. #
Psychology of Adoption, Brodzinsky and Schecter.  ISBN 0-19-50489204
Randolph Attachment Disorder Questionnaire (RADQ) Manual, Elizabeth
Randolph, RN, Ph.D., The Attachment Center Press, 1997.  [RADQ Scoring
Sheets (25 per package), $5.00]  #
Real Parents, Real Children Van Gulden and Bartells-Robb.  ISBN
0-8245-1368-1
Residential Treatment, a Tapestry of Many Therapies, Vera Fahlberg, M.D.,
ed., Perspective Press, Indianapolis, 1990.
Tell Me a Real Adoption Story, Lifton.
The Secret Life of the Unborn Child, Thomas Verny, MD, Dell Publishing,
1981. #
Troubled Transplants, Richard Delaney, Ph.D. & Frank R. Kunstal, Ed.D.,
National Child Welfare Resource Center for Management & Administration,
1993.  #
Uncharted Waters: Parenting An Attachment Disordered Child, Barbara Hicks,
1991. #
Understanding & Treating the Difficult Child, Dr. Foster Cline, 1979 #
Understanding & Treating the Severely Disturbed Child, Dr. Foster Cline,
1979.  #
Understanding & Using the Strategic/Systemic Family Therapies, Elizabeth
Randolph, RN, Ph.D., RFR Publications, 1992.
Whole Life Adoption Book, Schooler. The above books marked with   #     may
be purchased through

--
Chris Hafner-Eaton, PhD, MPH, CHES, IBCLC  [log in to unmask]   541-753-7340;
mom/wife/educator/lactation consultant/ scientist/ researcher/ organic