From:
Royce Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 31 Oct 2006 16:10:55 -0600
Jan Barger state, "Thank you for the note that you have put up on the IBLCE
website:

<<The IBCLE Board of Directors welcomes the many constructive  comments that
have been made regarding the recently published Scope of Practice,  which
was the result of two years of extensive international consultation,
including inputs from numerous practicing IBCLCs including the Board of
Directors for the International Lactation Consultant Association (ILCA). It
takes time to develop a sound Professional Scope of Practice, and the
process  inevitably generates a variety of views. The Board is continuing
its careful  examination of the Scope of Practice in the light of these
comments, which are  certain to contribute to building greater clarity,
concision and consensus  around *the final product*. (emphasis mine)>>

According to your statement, the current SoP as noted on your  website is
evidently not the *final product* as the board is *continuing* its  careful
examination thereof.

I request therefore, that the current SOP that is still up on  the website
be removed with a statement to the effect it is NOT the final  product.  As
it stands, each IBCLC is legally bound to practice according  to the tenets
of the SOP even though it needs to be reviewed and rewritten as it  hampers
our ability to practice in the best interests of mothers and babies  around
the world.

The continued posting of this document will put IBCLCs  the world over in
legal jeopardy.  (And, may I add, if an IBCLC *is*  practicing within the
*entire* scope of practice, she/he isn't worth the title,  IBCLC)."

YOU GO GIRL, AND DON'T STOP!!!!!!  I CANNOT THANK YOU ENOUGH FOR ALL THAT
YOU DO FOR US, AND I WOULD ASSUME I AM SPEAKING FOR ALL OF US.

Royce Anderson, RN, IBCLC, RLC (sort of), CD (DONA)