From:
Kathy Rubin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Feb 1997 12:16:50 -0500
Hello all--

I had a mom in my bf class last night who told me that she is "in menopause"
and that she has an in vitro pregnancy with twins, being maintained
artificially with progesterone injections.

Her question was whether she will be able to establish and maintain a milk
supply after the delivery, and whether the hormone therapy she will have to
return to after delivery will have any adverse effects on either the supply
or the babies.

Does anyone have experience with in vitro moms and breastfeeding, or does
anyone have any references that I can refer to.

Thank you for your expertise. Isn't it amazing what modern technology has
allowed us to do, but all the questions it presents!!

Kathy Rubin IBCLC RNC in NJ