From:
Kate Hallberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Dec 2000 19:01:27 -0700
Mary Kay- I see it all the time, but with the more educated, "yuppie" types, it's at least breastmilk in the bottle.  I
really have a hard time understanding why this great reliance on pumping has grown in the last couple of years.  I know
we've discussed pumps here before, and I do see many mothers who view pumping as an integral part of breastfeeding.
Sometimes it's the "freedom" issue, starting at birth, or "wanting dad to be involved because he loves feeding the baby
so much", or pumping to remove all the remaining milk at the end of a feeding.   A deeper question is, where are they
getting these ideas in the first place?

uh, but that's what you said.  :-O

Kate
www.cs.colorado.edu/~kolina
mom to Ursula (6!) and Sage (3.5) and "Balana Pudding" (1-6-01)

Silicon....Good for memory, bad for mammary.