From:
Kathleen Bruce <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Apr 1996 16:15:10 -0400
Hi Diane. I had a similar thing happen. The thing was, at the END of my
talk, the nurse manager told me that the presentation had been funded by the
formula rep. I politely told her that I could not and would not accept
funding from any formula company, that it was against my personal and
professional principles, and could she please look into payment from another
source. She responded well, and found money from elsewhere to pay me.

My eyeballs nearly fell out of my head, but my friend, who was there, said I
was cool as a cuke.  Not.

I would tell her politely and immediatley that it is n't possible for you to
speak under these circumstances...and could you work something else out.?

Kathleen

Kathleen B. Bruce, BSN, IBCLC, LLLeader, co-owner Lactnet, LLLOL, Corgi-L
LACTNET WWW site: http://www.mcs.com/~auerbach/lactation.html