Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Nov 2013 10:34:50 -0500
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (16 lines)
PTP I received an info request from a nurse regarding a client who is planning to travel by plane (approx. 6 hour flight) with enough frozen breast milk to provide her 6-month old baby while she is on vacation.  I'm not sure how long this vacation is going to last.  I spoke with officials from Transport Canada and the Canadian Air Safety Association and verified that Mom can take frozen breastmilk in cabin of plane with her.  I was going to suggest an insulated cooler bag with ice packs.  Does anyone have any further info on transport of frozen milk ?  Also, Mom says she will pump while on vacation to maintain her supply.  And suggestions for Mom restablishing feeding at breast upon her return?  Hopefully baby will want to recoonect with Mom but she may not.  Your input is greatly appreciated.  Sorry if this seems like basic stuff; I'm distracted with an illness in the family and my brain is not firing on all cylinders.  

Lisa O'Neill BN RN IBCLC
Regional Lactation Consultant

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2