From:
Rachel e-mail <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 11 Mar 2000 21:07:34 +0100
From the Numico article:
"Up to 50% of all babies fed by infant formula suffer from minor digestive
problems, such as colic, cramps, flatulence and constipation. These are usually
caused by a transient immaturity of the intestinal system and frequently require
the intervention of a health professional."

And yet they have no trouble getting people to buy the stuff!  Does anyone have data on the proportion of BF babies who suffer from colic, cramps, flatulence and constipation?

I am impressed that members of the industry are already using this in their marketing, when only weeks ago the previous generation of ABMs were as close as you could get to mothers' milk, really only distinguishable from the real thing by the container !

I am again strongly reminded of my precociously politically correct son's attempt to explain to his older sister what XXX brand ABM was.  She was so sheltered she didn't know such products existed, and he said, "You know, it's one of those mother's milk forgeries!"

Rachel  [log in to unmask]
Kristiansand, Norway where it is clear and bright with just a hint of new slush on the ground.  Sets off the crocuses most delightfully!