From:
Stephanie Pearl <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 May 1998 23:58:17 +0000
This is a point that makes me a little crazy, but I'll control myself
and get to the point.   I think that we might make more impact on
this issue if we discussed the  "Disadvantages of Formula" rather
than the "advantages of breastfeeding"   It's a small thing but I
think it matters.  Saying that breastfeeding makes babies healthier
is fine.   Saying that formula makes them less healthy has more
impact.     Besides the impact value,  what are we trying to
establish as "normal" here?  Breastmilk is the norm.  There are not
advantages......there are simply disadvantages to not providing the
ideal, normal  food for babies.
Rant finished, please resume your regular activities.

Stephanie Pearl IBCLC
in Toronto, where my rose bloomed today