Date:
Sun, 19 Mar 2000 13:08:18 EST
In a message dated 3/18/00 11:03:50 PM Central Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<< Can anyone in a home birthing practice compare this with what they are
seeing in the first three days? >>

My dd was born at home around 9pm, latched and bf vigorously within ten
minutes, slept with me that night, and my milk surged within 24hrs.  I was
very full/engorged but didn't experience it as painful and didn't treat it.
I developed sore, cracked nipples (lazy positioning) by day 3 and then severe
mastitis by day 7.  BF was never interrupted and she never lost an ounce.

This time I'll manage the positioning and engorgement more aggressively.
Pamela Morrisson has provided some suggestions, others are welcome.

Elaine Ziska
Jackson, MS