From:
"Linda J. Inglis" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Nov 1998 17:13:33 EST
Actually my husband and daughter, the nurses, tell me that elder folks in
nursing homes are restless when the sun goes down.  Sometimes they get
downright out of control and they even have a name for them-Sundowners.  I
always attributed the fussiness at this time of day to the fact that I was
busy cooking dinner, dealing with the other children and husband who just got
home, and didn't have the time to sit and spend with the baby.  I think they
cue to the smells of cooking, too.  While I was cooking was always the
hairiest time of day.

Linda Inglis, BS, IBCLC
Palm Harbor, FL