Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Mar 2009 02:12:30 -0500
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (20 lines)
 My 10 yr old's eardrum ruptured about month ago. He had a sudden intense earache. I put onion juice in his ear--my standard treatment for earaches (usually resolves them right away--rarely had child with an ear infection--never a baby)--and no improvement. I have him homeopathic pulsatilla and within a minute or so, it ruptured and the pressure was gone. It drained for several days. I used castor oil and st johnswort (hypericum) oil on the outside on a compress, continued pulsatilla until I switched to hepar sulph near the end and gave him immune support (elderberry, zinc). I also took him to a chiropractor. I cannot imagine that the risks of abx could be worth using them. It took a few weeks for his hearing to fully return, but he's great now. I would definitely used my milk if I had had any BEFORE the rupture, but not afterwards. Milk may not belong in the inner ear, but neither does the bacteria or virus. 

Jennifer Tow, IBCLC, CT, USA
Intuitive Parenting Network LLC

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2