From:
Hotheaded Red <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 20 Oct 1996 21:21:05 -0400
On Sun, 20 Oct 1996, Janet Simpson wrote:

> of the Coumadin.  He told her that because it is a green leafy "thing" that
> it was incompatible.  Any references to this, or does anyone know if this is
> true??  Sounds kinda strange to me.  Does this mean that now she can't have
> lettuce?

It is because of the vitamin K content, but I don't know how the mechanism
works or how much is in blessed thistle, but I don't think there is much
in lettuce (if any...).  Anyways, vitamin K helps to clot the blood, so it
would counteract the purpose of the coumadin.

I'm sure someone else will know more...

Heidi