Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Jan 2014 03:55:38 -0500
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (17 lines)
I'm with Laura S. And I will add, get an opinion from someone with expertise in cardiorespiratory issues. Slap on a pulse oximeter while they are at it, both at rest and during a feed and after, and if someone can do an echocardiogram, so much the better. This baby's energy may be getting used up by something undiscovered and it could be serious. It may sound vague and not urgent but if a mother of two other children expresses a concern about something so global, I would listen closely and investigate thoroughly. She may have noticed signs of a cardiac defect long before the baby begins to decompensate and it is to everyone's advantage to find out sooner rather than later whether that is the case.

Rachel Myr 
proud grandmother of a successfully treated child with a serious circulatory defect, picked up while she was still in great shape because we paid attention to the subtle stuff in the early weeks - I pay much more attention to my gut feeling nowadays :-)
Kristiansand, Norway

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2